Member’s Meeting May 5 – Please mark your calendar for an important all-members meeting, Wednesday, May 5 from 7-9 p.m. We have some important things to discuss!
This meeting will take place in person only, with no live stream component, but will be recorded for later viewing for those that are unable to be there. There will be some elements we need you for live, however, so please make every effort to be there!
Typically this annual meeting will be at the beginning of the year in January. We had to bump it to this date due to a scheduling log-jam.
A more formal agenda will be forthcoming, but during this time we will:
- Hear a “State of the Church” update post-COVID. Where to from here?
- Welcome new members, and hear updates on members who have moved on.
- Hear some personal and ministry life updates from the elders
- Get an update from the deacon team on some of their efforts
- Begin a new practice of “annual re-affirmation” of the elders, where we will give you a chance, yearly, to affirm your commitment to their leadership of the church, and have an opportunity to privately raise your hand if you have some concerns. (This will take the form of a “ballot” that we fill out during the time, with follow up meetings as needed later.)
Sunday Morning Information
Tune into Sunday’s Service – Stonebrook services are streamed online at stonebrook.org/live at 10 a.m. CST. Let your friends, relatives, and neighbors know that they are welcome to watch, a great opportunity for them to hear God’s word! PARENTS: find a special PDF print-out to help your kids engage in the service.
Pre Service Zoom Meeting – We will have a Pre service Zoom mtg. for anyone not returning to church. 9:30-10:00. Here is the meeting info. Join Zoom Meeting. The password is 391072. We hope that you will join us! (Note – we will no longer have the post-service Zoom meeting)
BLAST – Parents of K-4th grade students – We are sending out weekly BLAST e-mails that include our Bible story, Christ connection, and activity sheets. Please email Naomi (email@example.com) if you’d like to be added to or taken off that email list.
For Kids – Dawn Bovenmyer has created some Sunday school videos for your young children to enjoy as an additional activity before or after services on Sundays. Come join Mrs. Bovenmyer and her trusty sidekick Scout for singing, Bible stories, and lots of fun!
Weekly Prayer Meetings – Please join us for our weekly all church prayer meetings!
– Day/time: Sundays 7-7:30pm. Every Sunday unless otherwise notified.
– Do it via Zoom. Below is the zoom link that will be used each time we meet.
Topic: Stonebrook Church Weekly Prayer Meeting (Sundays at 7-7:30pm)
Meeting ID: 939 987 4228
Prayer Requests – Stonebrook has a prayer team ready to pray for your requests! If you have a prayer request, send it to seekingGod@stonebrook.org. If you would like to join the prayer team, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent and Teen Ministry – PTM is finishing up its spring semester. This Wednesday from 5:30-7 p.m. we will recognize our graduating seniors. There will be pizza followed by a time of sharing by the seniors. We will be off for a few weeks and then starting June 2nd there will be sports nights at the church starting at 6:30 p.m. Please email Tim Hibbing (email@example.com) with any questions.
This Week’s Sermon – Pastor Brad will preach on “Minor Prophets: Habakkuk’s Lament and Joy.” Many of us know how to whine and complain so well that we may even resemble ancient Israel who was famous for their grumbling against the Lord. But there is a prophet of God named Habakkuk who demonstrates a good kind of complaining, a holy kind. In the face of great evil around him, Habakkuk laments and cries out for relief. God answers him, though in unexpected ways. In the end, though Habakkuk’s external world does not change, his internal world does as he has an encounter with the living God, and he joyfully sets his trust in God. This godly man’s story points us, even in our dark days, to the God who is always present and who is enough.
Memory Verse: “Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.” (ESV)
|Giving Report as of 03/31/2021|
Stonebrook’s fiscal year runs from
August 1st to July 31st.
|Giving to Date:||$401,613|
|Budgeted to Date:||$405,777|
|Percent from budget:||1.03% below budget|
Ways to Give at Stonebrook – There are a number of giving tools available at Stonebrook.
- Mail a check to Stonebrook Community Church, 3611 Eisenhower Ave., Ames, IA 50010.
- Use your own bank’s bill pay system
- Fill out a form to authorize Stonebrook to withdraw a certain amount from your bank account on the 5th of each month. Talk to Heidi in the office to get the form.
- Use the online giving Web portal.