The Devotional Life Series: week 1 questions
Review the following scriptures: James 1:19-25, James 2:14-16, Luke 8:21, Matthew 7:21-27, John 8:31-32, Colossians 3:17, Ephesians 2:4-10, Mark 12:30-3, 1 John 4:19-21
- What is the difference between head knowledge and heart knowledge of God’s word?
- Why is reading the Bible essential to the life of a believer? What activities tempt you to sacrifice time in the word and in prayer?
- Would you categorize your time in the word as consistently glancing at God and His word, or intently looking to know God? If it is a glance more often than not, how could this pattern be changed? If it is intently looking, share what you have been learning with someone in your life.
- What is obedience to God and what does obedience or consistent lack thereof reveal about a person’s relationship with God?
- How have you remembered the gospel today? How will you remember it tomorrow and the next?
- Who in your life is difficult to love right now? What is challenging about allowing God to pour His love for them through you?
- What allows you to love God in the first place? How does knowing that God first loved you and has given you the power of the holy spirit (the same power that resurrected Christ) help you be a “doer” of the first and second greatest commandments?