Revelation 12 Study Questions:
- The woman at the beginning of chapter 12 represents Israel. What details from Revelation 12:1-6 would lead to this interpretation?
- We are told the great dragon is the devil and Satan in vs. 9. Compare the description of the beast in Daniel chapter 7:7-25 with the description of the dragon in Revelation 12. What similarities and differences can be identified between the two passages?
- Read Isaiah 14:12-15 & Ezekiel 28:12-18, Job 1:6-7, Luke 10:18. What do you learn about Satan from these passages and what insight does it give you about a third of the stars in heaven being hurled to the earth in Revelation 12:4?
- How many years is 1260 days? How many months, and what can these calculations tell us about how “time, times and half a time” could be interpreted later in the chapter in verse 14?
- List all the names that you can recall that refer to Satan throughout scripture.
- Just like some biblical characters can be a typology of Christ, some characters can also be identified as a typology of the dragon. List previous biblical characters (or dragons) that posed a threat to the lineage of Christ throughout the old testament. What amazes and encourages you about God’s protection and provision for the line of Christ?
- How is winning the lost to Christ an act of casting down and defeating Satan?
- How has Satan previously and currently used deception to wage war on the world? What are his lies about the church?
- Read Zechariah 3:1-4 and Revelation 12:10. Satan the accuser is thrown down and what will conquer him?
- In light of the phrase “for they did not love their lives to the point of death”, how does following Jesus helps us to find strength in weakness and life in death?
- Why is God good and just in both the life of a martyr and the life of one who does NOT meet death by persecution?
- How did God protect and nourish the woman that had given birth to the male child? Where else does scripture reference eagle’s wings and what do those references tell us about God?
- What does obedience to the commands of God and holding firmly to the testimony of Jesus have the potential to bring to a person’s life? Why is staying strong in the faith worth the cost?
- Based on Revelation 12 and in light of the whole of scripture, why can I have confidence in the victory of Christ and the trustworthiness of God the Father in my life?
- Why does the blood of Jesus cover any accusation that Satan is ready to throw at me? How does knowing this truth help me accept conviction without falling into feeling condemnation when I stumble in sin?
- How has God provided and protected me in times when the dragon has waged war on my life?
- How does Christ’s victory help me rejoice amidst any circumstance in my life and give me strength to keep the faith?