Exodus 2 Bible Study Questions
Birth & Adoption (Exodus 2:1-10)
- How was Moses described at the time of his birth in verse 2? How do Acts 7:20 and Hebrews 11:23 re-emphasize this?
- What did the mother of Moses do to circumvent Pharaoh’s command?
- What did the sister of Moses observe happen when she followed that baby at a distance?
- Why did the daughter of Pharaoh notice about the baby and why did she choose to save Moses?
- What do we learn about God’s providence and the way He works in situations that appear or feel hopeless from the story of Moses’ adoption?
- What is the meaning of the name given to Moses?
- Read Acts 7:22. What were the beneficial outcomes of being adopted by Pharaoh’s daughter?
Moses flees to Midian (Exodus 2:11-25)
- Read Acts 7:23. How old was Moses when he went to visit his people?
- What happened when Moses saw one of his people being mistreated by an Egyptian?
- According to Acts 7:25, why might Moses had felt surprised by the response of the Hebrew man when Moses confronted him about his fighting with another Hebrew?
- How did Pharaoh react to what he heard about Moses and what did this cause Moses to do?
- What happened at the well in Midian and how did this impact the trajectory of Moses’s life?
- According to Acts 7:30, how long did Moses stay with his wife’s family in Midian?
- What was happening back in Egypt while Moses was living in Midian?
- What do we learn about God by the way He responded to the cries of Israel?
- What challenge and encouragement can I draw from by examining the actions of faith as demonstrated by Moses’s birth mother?
- What is a way that God has restored something I thought was lost to me in ways that I did not anticipate?
- Who needs my compassion like Moses needed the compassion of Pharaoh’s daughter, and the people of Israel needed God’s compassion?
- What are some ways God has used my past mistakes to sovereignly bring about good in my life and the lives of those around me?