- According to Exodus 25:8, what was the reason God gives for having the Israelites make a sanctuary? What does this plan teach us about God’s heart for his people?
- Why did God give the Israelites such a specific pattern for building and furnishing the tabernacle?
- In Exodus 25:22, God’s speaks of meeting at the mercy seat. Read Leviticus 16 about the day of atonement. What was required for Aaron to meet God at the mercy seat?
- How does the mercy seat, the table with the bread of presence, and the lampstand point to the person of Christ and the mission of the church?
- There was only one entrance into the tabernacle and only one way to the altar of God. What is the only way to enter into the presence of God today?
- In Exodus 26:31-34 the Israelites were instructed to make a veil/curtain to place the ark of the testimony behind. What was the purpose of the veil?
- According to Exodus 28:1-5, list the reasons priestly garments were to be made?
- Review Numbers 3-4. Who were God’s appointed to serve in the tabernacle and represent the people before God?
- Review Leviticus 10:8-11. How were the priests to represent God to the people?
- What were the purposes behind God’s command for the priest to wear the ephod, breastpiece, robe, turban, tunics, sashes, headbands and linen undergarments?
- According to Exodus 28:35 & 28:43, what would happen if the priest did not wear the right garments into the presence of the Lord?
- In what are believers to be clothed in to serve God today? (See Isaiah 61:10, Galatians 3:27, Ephesians 6:10-20)
- God wanted the Israelite nation to be a kingdom of priests. Read 1 Peter 2:1-12. How is God’s church to minister to the world as a “holy priesthood”?
13. Read 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 & 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. Where does God dwell today?
- What do I love about the one true living God that I serve through Jesus Christ?
- Is a holy reverence for God’s presence in my life easily observed by those around me? If yes, how? If no, why not?
- How has being clothed in Christ’s righteousness changed my life on a daily basis, and as a whole?