Stonebrook Community Church has a passion for kids. We desire to enthusiastically support parents and complement their efforts in the awesome privilege of building a life-long faith in the hearts of their kids. Our materials and curriculum are Biblically based, with the intention of knowing God and applying his truths to everyday living.
- Partner with parents – view parents as primary input in kid’s lives; supplement their efforts
- Biblical Foundation
- Team teaching
- Safe, welcoming environment
- Fun/kid friendly
Sunday Morning Kid’s Ministry at Stonebrook
Our church provides child care options during the pastor’s message for children of all ages. For parents with children under age 2 we provide infant care in our nursery. The comfort room provides privacy for nursing mothers and is wired for sound so mom can still hear the pastor’s message.
Kids of all ages attend the first portion of our service in the auditorium with their parents. After music and announcements kids are dismissed to their classrooms.
Our program consists of five age groups:
- Nursery (0-24 months)
- Wee Worship (2-3 year olds)
- Noah’s Ark (4-5 year olds)
- BLAST (kindergarten-3rd graders)
(There are three sections of BLAST – K, 1st-2nd grades, and 3rd-4th grades)
- Club 56 (5th-6th graders)
- Parent and Teen Ministry
Sunday School Leadership Team
- Dan Jones (Deacon)
- Matt Heerema (Pastoral Oversight)
- Liz Crimmins (Nursery Coordinator)
- Stephanie Jones (Wee Worship Coordinator)
- Dawn Bovenmyer (Noah’s Ark Coordinator)
- Naomi Plymesser (BLAST Coordinator)
- Amy Bravo (Club 56 Coordinator)
Child and Youth Safety Program
For the protection of our youngest SCC members, all employees, staff members, adult volunteers or youth volunteers who will be involved in SCC youth ministries must read our safety policies and fill out some basic forms. If you have completed the process once, you do not need to do it again.