Welcome to the Stonebrook Women’s Ministry Web page! We are excited for another ministry year! This year, our focus will be on women’s emotional health. We will talk about things such as gratitude, forgiveness, and sexuality at our Saturday morning SIP! (Sisters in Progress) times.
Our Bible study offering this fall will take us into the Psalms! “Go to the Psalms when you are happy and everything seems right with you. Sing laments to God when your life seems to crumble. When God hears your prayer, don’t forget to thank him for his kindness. When you are frightened, be encouraged by the psalms of confidence. Heed the psalms of wisdom. Above all, go to the psalms to be honest with God.” (Longman)
We will have some social times so that we can get to know each other (such as movie nights and Christmas card craft times) as well as service projects (such as collecting snacks for Meeker and Mitchell Schools, Caroling at nursing homes at Christmas, etc.).
And, our retreat this year will feature Shaly Moyal as our main speaker. Shaly works at Walnut Creek Church in Des Moines, and has spoken at the annual Faithwalkers conference. Much is still in the planning works for the retreat, but we hope that you will mark your calendars for April 3-4. You will not want to miss this popular event!
We hope that there will be something for you this year in women’s ministry. Our hearts are to serve you and watch you grown in your relationship with Jesus!
The Women’s Ministry Core Team
Want to keep up with other women in the ministry? Join our Facebook group!2020 Women’s Retreat
April 3-4, Hidden Acres
Every Piece: God’s Mosaic
Ladies of Stonebrook! Because of the COVID-19 crisis, we are canceling the Women’s Retreat. We are hoping to have a retreat event later in the year, and will give details once we have them. Please continue to pray and care for one another. – Terri Huffman, Women’s Ministry Director
The Stonebrook Women’s Ministry exists to work with the church as a whole to accomplish Stonebrook’s overall mission, especially:
- To help women foster an authentic, life-giving, biblical walk with God.
- To help women cultivate biblically-ordered, kingdom-minded households.
- Strengthening of relationships for discipleship, friendship and support.
- Helping women grow in their God-given roles.
- Honest dialogs of what affects women today and how God works in the midst.
- Opportunities for the older women to teach younger women. (Titus 2:3-5)
- Opportunities for women to study the Word of God together.
- Opportunities for women to proclaim the gospel.
- Serve the church body and the community in the unique ways that women can serve. (1 Tim. 5)