- How is God’s word described in vs 6 and how do we know this to be a true statement about God’s character?
- Compare Revelation 22:7 with Revelation 1:3. What is the main idea/s we are to learn from these two very similar verses?
- Vs 7 states “Look, I am coming soon!” Locate where this phrase is repeated in the rest of the chapter. What does “soon” mean? (See 2 Peter 3:1-13)
- What does it practically look like to keep the words of the prophecy of this book?
- Compare what happens in Revelation 19: 10 and Revelation 22:8-9. How was the response from the angel to John similar? What does these verses teach us for today?
- Why was John told not to seal up the prophecy of this book?
- How will a righteous person’s rewards be determined in heaven according to vs. 12? (See also 2 Corinthians 5:10-11)
- What comfort can be drawn from God being the Alpha & the Omega?
- Compare and contrast those who enter the city and those who are excluded from the city. How do the blessed wash their robes?
- In what ways is Jesus both the Root and the Morning Star? (See Isaiah 11:1,10 and Numbers 24:17)
- How is the spirit and the bride reiterate what was said in Isaiah 12:3 & Isaiah 55:1 and by Jesus in Matthew 5: 6 and John 7:37-38?
- Where do people today add or subtract from God’s Word?
- Why is scripture its own best interpreter?
- What are 2-3 major takeaways you learned from studying the book of Revelation?
1. Is there any area of complacency in my spiritual walk because I am sure of my ultimate heavenly destination? How is my spiritual walk advancing the kingdom of God?
2. In what ways am I tempted to add or subtract in my interpretation of the word of God?
3. How has studying Revelation blessed and changed me personally?