Luke 20:1-47 (Also read Psalm 118)
- After Jesus entered Jerusalem and cleared the temple, what was intentions of the religious leaders towards him?
- What were the 3 main questions (over the course of the whole chapter) did the religious leaders used to try to trip Jesus up in the eyes of the people? How did Jesus respond?
- Tell the parable of the tenants in your own words. Who did each set of characters/character represent? Was the meaning of the parable understandable to the intended audience and what was their response?
- What was the question that Jesus asked in Luke 22:41?
- What did Jesus warn his disciples of regarding the teachers of the law? What warning could we take from it to apply personally in our lives today?
- In what ways do you feel prepared to answer questions or objections people may have about Christianity today? In what areas do you need more preparation?
- What inheritance does Jesus share with me today because I have placed my faith in him?
- How am I as a Christian to interact with the current governmental authorities God has placed over me today? In what ways am I attempting to stand for the truth?
- What aspects of being a child of the resurrection am I looking most forward to?
- Are there any areas in my life that I tend to act more like the teachers of the law than like a child of the resurrection? Where do I seek honor for myself rather than for God?